Monday, January 11, 2010

Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches #4 1-11-09



Okay, to be perfectly honest this isn't the first time I've had this recipe, but it is the first time I've made it, so it counts. To further iterate the point of how much I like cooking, food, and recipes, I started a recipe/cooking club with my friends. About once a month or so we choose a theme (ex: appetizers or slow cooker). The host gets the recipes and makes copies for everyone. We meet at the host's house and get to try the recipes and then have the recipes to go home with. I love it- any excuse to get together with my girlfriends, talk, and then eat. I had actually looked at this recipe many times on allrecipes.com, but had never gotten around to trying it. My friend, Lindsey, made this recipe for our slow cooker get-together. I liked it so much, and knew my husband would love it, I made it 2 nights later!

The case:
Ingredients
* 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
* 1 (17.5 fluid ounce) bottle buffalo wing sauce, divided
* 1/2 (1 ounce) package dry ranch salad dressing mix
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 6 hoagie rolls, split lengthwise

Directions
1. Place the chicken breasts into a slow cooker, and pour in 3/4 of the wing sauce and the ranch dressing mix. Cover, and cook on Low for 6 to 7 hours.
2. Once the chicken has cooked, add the butter, and shred the meat finely with two forks. Pile the meat onto the hoagie rolls, and splash with the remaining buffalo wing sauce to serve.

The ruling:
We ate this with provolone cheese, bakery made buns, and ranch dressing. Delicious!!! If you like buffalo wings, you'll love this. I'm making a buffalo chicken pizza with the leftovers tomorrow. I'll post!

No comments:

Post a Comment