Thursday, May 30, 2013

Waffle of Insane Greatness

Breakfast for dinner is a regular at the Greer Household.  Many years ago I originally saw this recipe featured on the now canceled Rachael Ray show called $40 a Day.  We tried to eat at Aretha Frankensteins while Emmaline was at Erlanger, but the wait was too long.  Recently Our Best Bites featured this recipe and I knew I had to try it. 

The case:

The ruling:
Waffle of Insane Greatness from Aretha Frankensteins
Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup cornstarch
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups buttermilk
  • 2/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 teaspoons sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • Butter and syrup, for serving

Directions
  1. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; mix well. 
  2. Add the milk, vegetable oil, egg, sugar and vanilla and mix well. 
  3. Let the batter sit for 30 minutes.
  4. Preheat a waffle iron. Do not use non-stick spray on the waffle iron; the oil in the batter will allow the waffle to release easily. Follow the directions on your waffle iron to cook the waffles. Serve immediately with butter and syrup.

Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/cda/recipe_print/0,1946,FOOD_9936_29006_RECIPE-PRINT-FULL-PAGE-FORMATTER,00.html?oc=linkback




The ruling:
These are some of the best waffles I've ever had!  Ryder loves them!  While I love to find new recipes for my favorite foods, sometimes I find a recipe that is so good I don't want to try another one.  This is officially my go to waffle recipe.
Rating: 5
Make again: Definitely

No comments:

Post a Comment