Saturday, March 6, 2010

Creamy Chicken Enchilada Soup #40

I love soups- especially creamy soups.  I found this is my new $5 Taste of Homes chicken cookbook and couldn't wait to try it.  I've always seen the fiesta nacho cheese soup in the store and thought to myself how good it would be in either some sort of dip or soup.  I've been meaning to go to Campbell's and find some recipes, but now one has found me.

The case:

Ingredients:
- 1 can condensed fiesta nacho cheese soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 2 2/3 cups milk
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 1 can enchilada sauce
- 1 can (4 oz) green chilies

Optional toppings:
- sour cream
- shredded Mexican cheese
- tortilla chips

Directions:
In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients.  Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream, and chips if desired. (Don't you just love directions like this?)

The ruling:
I doubled the recipe since I knew Michael would want to try this when he gets back from Gatlinburg this weekend.  I ended up adding a can of chicken broth because even though I like my soup creamy, it was very creamy.  Its very spicy but at the same time plain.  You could easily add peppers, onion, beans, etc.  The nacho soup has a definite "nachoy"  flavor.  I will make this again, but next time I will try one can fiesta soup and one can regular cheddar soup.  I honestly like my Aunt Laureen's creamy chicken tortilla soup better.  I will try and post it soon!

 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment